Statement of Faith
Faith in God should be understood and talked about
knowledgeably. The leadership and faculty of Bethel College offers these
articles to represent our faith commitment.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative written Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:15-17;
2 Peter 1:21
- We believe there is One God, eternally existent in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years. Matthew 1:23; Philippians 2:9-11
- We believe in the blessed hope - the rapture of the Church at Christ's coming. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Titus 2:13
- We believe the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ. Romans 3:22-26; Ephesians 1:7; 1 John 1:9
- We believe regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation. Luke 24:49;
- We believe in water baptism by immersion. Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16 We believe the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer. Isaiah 53:4,5; James 5:14-16
- We believe the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
Corinthians 12:4-10, 28
- We believe in the indwelling and sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit who enables the Christian to live a holy life. Romans 8:11-13; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; 1 John 5:18
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation.
Matthew 25:46; Revelation 20:11-15
Students, faculty, and staff of Bethel College are expected to maintain high
standards of Christian conduct both on and off campus. Morally and biblically,
certain practices are clearly wrong and should be avoided. These include
substance abuse, stealing, slanderous or profane language, dishonesty, occult practices,
addictions (mutilation, sexual addictions, eating disorders, drug
addiction-both illegal and prescription), and sexual sins (premarital sex,
adultery, pornography, and homosexuality). Attitudes such as greed, jealousy, pride, lust, bitterness, needless anger, an
unforgiving spirit, discrimination, and prejudice are unacceptable at Bethel
College. However, if you find that you are genuinely struggling with such
issues, we advise you to seek the counsel of a faculty member.
The Bible does not provide specific teaching on all social practices, but
advocates self-restraint in behavior toward others. Therefore, any behavior
that is considered detrimental to Christian character and witness is
disapproved of strongly, and disciplinary action will be taken accordingly.